Hello, nocturnal librarians!
The week is almost over, but the excitement is not! I've been out of town for a linguistics conference this whole week but your excitement over Something Wicked surprised and thrilled me. I love you guys, you're the best.
Today I have a special treat for you: a guest post by the lovely Amanda Carlson, author of the Jessica McClain series.
Cold Blooded tour is in full swing, just like Something Wicked, so we've made this a combination of both. Enjoy!
Top 10 Favorite Things About Halloween
by Amanda Carlson
Fall is one of my very favorite seasons. I love the leaves changing, the crisp smell in the air, and wearing a pair of cute boots with a jacket. There’s nothing better!
Thanks for having me on the blog today. I’m going to talk about my Top 10 favorite things about Halloween:
10. All the decorated houses. Everyone starts getting in the Halloween mood in
a few weeks before Halloween hits. Minnesotans are creative too, lots of funny withes hitting trees, skeletons and scarecrows that are really scary! Minnesota
9. Pumpkin pie. My daughter makes pies and I love them, but my very favorite is pumpkin (and maybe pecan).
8. Raking leaves. Yep, I love raking. I love the smell of dry leaves and a nice clean yard afterward.
7. Putting up Marcus the Carcass. Every year we plug in ol’ Marcus. He looks like he’s erupting out of our leaf pile. At night he glows. We love Marcus.
6. Reading a good paranormal book! I love reading a great UF/PNR by the first fire of the season.
5. Hot cider. Bubbling it fresh on the stove with cinnamon sticks. Yum!
4. Carving pumpkins. Every year we do four. It’s always a contest. My kids always win (but mine are better J).
3. Roasting pumpkin seeds. Every year I lament why we don’t have fresh roasted pumpkin seeds all year round. Delicious.
2. Having candy in the house I would never buy. That is a huge treat and a no-no. My favorite are Hundred Grand bars.
inside, chocolate and crispies around it. (Google them, it’s worth it.) Carmel
1. Trick or Treating with the kids with a nice glass of wine in hand. I love seeing all the kids running down the streets in their costumes.
Thanks so much for hosting me. COLD BLOODED released on 10/8 and I’m so excited to share it with the world.
Amanda is a graduate of the University of Minnesota, with a BA in both Speech and Hearing Science & Child Development. She went on to get an A.A.S in Sign Language Interpreting and worked as an interpreter until her first child was born. She enjoys playing Scrabble to an unhealthy degree, shopping trips to Ikea and has a great weakness for tropical beaches. She lives in Minneapolis with her husband and three kids.
One Jessica McClain book will be sent out to one winner, internationally. Just enter the Rafflecopter below and, as always, keep your fingers crossed.
Thanks to Amanda for writing the lovely post and of course, thank you all for stopping by.a Rafflecopter giveaway