Something Wicked Returns once again this year. For those of you who are new to Wicked, it is a month long blog tour/ blog hop giveaway featuring all things paranormal/supernatural and Halloween themed. Wicked was a huge success last year but a lot of work, so this year Wicked will have three hostesses in addition to Heidi@Rainy Day Ramblings. Candace@Candace's Book Blog, Maja@The Nocturnal Library and Ali@My Guilty Obsession will be helping with all things Wicked! We are planning on making it bigger, better and even more interactive! You can do one or all four of the options, whatever works for you!
This year there are four ways you can participate:
Something Wicked Returns will kick off on October 1st with a huge month long giveaway blog hop. We decided to make it a month so everyone has a chance to visit all the participating blogs. To join in the giveaway blog hop you need to:
- Host a giveaway on your blog with a paranormal/supernatural or Halloween theme. You can give away a gift card for the reader's choice for a paranormal, supernatural, or Halloween themed book, an ebook or a book or anything bookish that relates to the theme.
- All posts must be up by Midnight on October 1st and run through October 31st.
- To sign up add your name to the linky list.
- Grab the banner and use it for your post. Be sure to link back to the host blogs for the complete blog hop list or use the linky code which will be provided right before the post goes up.
- Any blogs that don't have their posts up will be deleted.
The second way to participate in Something Wicked Returns:
- Post a paranormal/supernatural/Halloween feature on your blog any day from October 1st-31st.
- For your post, you must spotlight a paranormal/supernatural/Halloween (i.e. review, author interview or guest post, etc.) and then host a giveaway for that book. To add your post to the month long schedule please email any of the hostesses with your date and book that you will be featuring and giving away. Heidi@firstname.lastname@example.org,Candace@email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, and Ali@ email@example.com.
- Be sure to check your link on the master schedule and make sure everything is correct.
- We will be promoting all the daily posts on our blogs, Facebook and Twitter. This is an excellent way to get additional traffic to your blog.
The third way to join in the fun:
Each week of the event, all four of the host blogs will have a linky list for you to add your link for all your paranormal/supernatural/Halloween posts in case you are late or just want to share your review. We will only be featuring posts with giveaways as part of the event, but you are welcome to share your reviews on the linky list.
The Fourth Way to participate in Wicked:
- Complete the weekly challenges. Each hostess during her week, will feature her own fun challenge for a chance to win a great prize.
Candace, Ali, Maja and Heidi will be hosting and highlighting some fantastic authors and books during the month with some awesome giveaways so be sure to tune in!
I hope you all will join in all the fun and be a part of Something Wicked Returns. Stay tuned to the Wicked page for the full schedule. Be sure to sign up for the hop and email with your date and book for your individual posts!
Thanks so much for joining Something Wicked Returns! See you in October!
The buttons will be available in just a few days. A huge thanks to Veronica@Mostly Reviews for once again designing such fantastic buttons and banners!
This post was put together by the lovely Heidi, so a big thank you and major brownie points to her, too.
Even when this post ends up lost in the abyss that is my feed, it will be available as a separate page. Those of you who are undecided about joining can do so anytime. We're not going anywhere, and we'll be thrilled to have you.
And while we're here, I'd like to share with you the gorgeous UK cover for Bronze Gods by A.A. Aguirre. I've been staring at it since yesterday and I still can't belive a) that it's so darn beautiful; and b) that I'm quoted on the back cover.
|Click to enlarge|
Sign up for the blog hop here: